This video tutorial from bobby93macboy shows how to install Mac OS Leopard operating system and make it bootable.
Hard drive partition - it's a logical sector of your whole hard disc which can be used as a separate hard disc.
To make partitions, open Disc Utility using Spotlight search.
Select hard disc you want to partition and click Partition tab.
This tab allows you to adjust size for each partition your external or inner hard disc contains.
Enter partition size, name your new partition, make sure it uses Mac OS extended journaled format. You can divide your disc into maximum 16 partitions.
Then click Apply.
Beware that formatting and dividing into partitions will erase all information on your hard disc.
Bootable OS installation on an external hard drive helps when computer's hard drive fails. To make Mac OS bootable disc, insert Mac OS Leopard installation DVD.
From installer welcome window click Install Mac OS X.
Click Continue, agree to licence agreement, then click Mac OS Boot disc option.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades