HTPC. It stands for Home Theater PC. Some refer to it as simply a Media Center. But no matter what you call it, you're going to learn how to build one today. Why would you want to do that? Because one of the main advantages of creating your own home theater system is that you are control, not only of the cost, but the features and functions, as well.
Jay Taylor, Strategic Solutions Manager at AMD, outlines the steps involved in creating a home theater PC. There's 9 videos altogether in this series which highlights the basic steps needed to assemble an HTPC.
#1 - Intro / Chassis
#2 - Optical & Hard Disk Drive Installation
#3 - Power Supply Unit (PSU) Installation
#4 - Motherboard Installation
#5 - Cable / Wiring
#6 - Audio / Speakers Installation
#7 - TV Tuner Installation
#8 - Memory (RAM) Installation
#9 - CPU / Heatsink Installation
For more information, visit Taylor's "Guide for the Assembly of an HTPC" AMD blog post.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades