Six steps to clean a membrane keyboard.
IMPORTANT - NOT FOR LAPTOPS or NON-MEMBRANE KEYBOARDS
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
lint free cloth
can of compressed air or vacuum cleaner
flat tip screwdriver
pinch of water OR 1 part water - 1 part alcohol (denatured)*
#1 Shutdown, unplug computer & keyboard.
#2 Using the screwdriver, gently remove keys (don't forget to make note of their position - better yet take a photo & print out beforehand) if you have more than one keyboard, use that as your guide, as I did.
#3 Use compressed air to remove dust & debris from keyboard.
#4 Clean keyboard with slightly damp cloth or cotton swab (do not put liquid directly on keyboard!) I dipped cotton swab, then squeezed out excess liquid.
#5 Clean each key individually (slightly damp cotton cloth).
#6 Replace keys (nothing should be wet or damp).
*available at most hardware stores - btw I used plain water
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades