You are typing along and you notice one of they keys on your keyboard isn't responding like it should. It is common to get a stuck key and you won't need to take your keyboard to fix this problem. You can do it right at home.
Dirt can build up in your keyboard and cause the keys to stick. Dislodge a malfunctioning key by following these simple instructions.
You Will Need
* Compressed air
* Cotton swab
* Distilled vinegar
* Small screwdriver
Step 1: Blow compressed air
Blow compressed air around the stuck key.
Make sure the computer is unplugged and turned off.
Step 2: Wash area
Wash the area around the stuck key with a cotton swab dipped in distilled vinegar.
Step 3: Gently scrape around key
Gently scrape around the stuck key with a small screwdriver.
Step 4: Dislodge the key
Dislodge the key by gently prying it up with the screwdriver.
Step 5: Blow compressed air
Blow compressed air under the dislodged key.
Step 6: Wash area under key
Wash the area under the key with a cotton swab dipped in vinegar.
Step 7: Continue typing away
Let the vinegar dry and type away.
According to a 2009 report, spam accounts for almost 90 percent of all e-mail.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades