This quick video tutorial will show you how to fix a computer that has no power. If your computer won't power up, follow these steps: Check the back of the computer to make sure the power cord is plugged in, and check the other end of the cable to make sure it's plugged into your power strip, and that the power strip is turned on. Try plugging your computer directly into the wall. Check the switch at the back of your computer to see if it is in the 'off' position. Unplug the power cord. Hold in your power button for about 15 seconds and release. This discharges any built in capacitors on your motherboard. Plug the cord back in and restart the computer. This works about 90% of the time.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades