Stuck pixels can be a little annoying. They get jammed and you wind up with a slightly discoloured computer screen image. In this tutorial, learn how to fix a stuck pixel on an LCD Monitor, the easy way.
Hands on technique:
This method is done by placing a damp (not wet!) paper towel over you monitor. Place your stylus or blunt pencil tip on the paper towel over where the stuck pixel is. You have to place it exactly on the stuck pixel. Now turn of your monitor and apply a small amount of pressure to the stylus / pencil. Wait two seconds and then turn your monitor back on. Your stuck pixel should be fixed! If it is not, try repeating but this time, apply a little more pressure.
This method works because a stuck pixel is a pixel in which the liquid in the liquid crystal has not or not completely spread to this pixel. The backlight uses this liquid and lets different amounts of light through. This affects the color of the pixel. The pressure helps the liquid in the liquid crystal move around.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades