Is your SD memory card getting a little too full? Is it not working? Try reformatting it. It's the first and sometimes last step to troubleshooting card problems. So, if your SD card has become too cluttered, this guide will restore it to a like-new condition with a simple format.
You Will Need
* SD card
* Basic computer knowledge
* USB card reader
Step 1: Click on Start button
Click on the Start or Windows button and then click on My Computer. Mac users click on Menu and then Utilities and select Disk Utilities.
Step 2: Insert SD card
Insert the SD card into your computer's card slot, or use a USB card reader.
Step 3: Right-click on Format
Right-click on the SD card icon and select Format from the drop-down menu. Mac users click on the card icon and then the Erase tab.
Step 4: Select settings
Select the format type, file size allocation, and name the card. Then hit Start or OK.
The computer will warn you that formatting will erase all the data on the card. Click Okay to continue.
Step 5: Wait
Wait for the card to finish formatting before safely removing it from your computer or card reader.
The first SD or Secure Digital cards were marketed in 1999 as a way to safely and easily transfer media from digital devices.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades