Ready to rock and roll? You don't have to listen to music through those teeny tiny computer speakers anymore! Check out this cool tutorial, and learn how to connect stereo speakers to your laptop or PC and get the most out of your music.
You Will Need:
* A 3.5 millimeter stereo Y-adapter cable
* A computer
* A stereo amplifier
* A tape measure (optional)
Step 1: Buy the right cable
Buy a stereo adapter cable with a single, mini headphone plug at one end and two RCA plugs, left and right, at the other.
Measure the distance from your computer to your stereo with a tape measure to be sure the cable you buy is long enough.
Step 2: Find the Line Out jack
Find the Line Out jack on your computer's sound card. If your computer doesn't have one, find the headphone jack.
Step 3: Plug in the cable
Insert the mini headphone plug into the computer's line out or headphone jack.
Step 4: Attach to the stereo
Insert the two RCA plugs into the corresponding AUX or TAPE inputs on your stereo amplifier. Match the colors on the plugs to the colors on the inputs.
Step 5: Set up the receiver
Set the receiver to either AUX or TAPE input.
Step 6: Play
Play an audio file on the computer. Adjust the volume on the computer or the receiver and enjoy your music.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades