To install a hard drive in a 13" (13 inch) Macbook Pro laptop computer released in 2009 you will make sure to first transfer all data off the drive then discharge any static electricity from your hands making sure your are in a static free work environment. Next you will remove the old hard drive, to do this flip over the laptop and remove the 10 screws around the edge of the device with a #00 Phillips screwdriver starting with the three longer screws on the top right. Next, lift off the bottom cover and set it aside, you will see the drive in the lower left. Remove the retaining bar and lift out the drive with the plastic tab, slide off the SATA connector and remove the four mounting screws with a T6 Torx screwdriver, then peal off the plastic tab. Now you will install the new drive. Attach the tab to the new drive, attach the four mounting screws, attach the SATA connector and slide the unit into place, and reattach the retaining bar. Finally, set the bottom cover back into place begin by installing the three longer screws on the top edge then the remaining screws. Flip over the Macbook and turn it on.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades