In order to install a new hard drive in your MacBook Pro, you will need to save everything on Time Machine. You will need to be in a static free environment, a hard drive, and small screwdriver. After you have backup everything on Time Machine, turn your laptop over and unscrew all of the screws from the back with a mini Phillips head screwdriver. Remove the back cover. Remove the 2 screws near the hard drive. Remove the tiny black piece that you've freed. Remove the hard drive, and disconnect the back cable. Connect the new hard drive. Reassemble the laptop, remembering to screw in the screws. Next, you'll need to restore the operating system. Select English for Main Language. Go to Utilities. Then, go to Disk Utility. Select the new hard drive. Erase and format. You'll need to name it. Install Mac OS 10. Continue and accept. Then, click install. You could just do this through Time Machine, if you select Restore through Backup. The Wizard will lead you through the steps.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades