In this how-to video, you will learn how to install a hard drive into a 17" Macbook Pro. Make sure you use the proper anti-static precautions before going on with this procedure. You will need a pry tool, a Phillips screwdriver, and a T6 screwdriver. Make sure you transfer your old data into the new drive before installing. Shut down the computer and flip the laptop over. Unscrew the ten screws around the bottom. Now, remove the cover. You will see the hard drive at the lower right. Loosen the screws holding the retainers and remove the entire bar. Remove the hard drive using the plastic tab and disconnect the connector. Remove the screw in mounts with the T6 screwdriver. Remove the tab. Now, re-attach the mounts to the new drive. Replace the plastic tab onto the new drive and connect it to the laptop. Insert the drive into the compartment and screw in the retainer. Now, replace the cover and screws. Viewing this video will show you how to properly and safely install a new drive into your laptop.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades