It only takes 15 minutes to install new RAM in a Macbook Pro. Before starting, remember to make sure that the power is off. Turn it over and release the latch in the left hand side. This will release the door and expose the battery. Remove the battery. With a #00 Philips screwdriver, remove 4 small screws lined up on the top of the opening. Next, remove the other 4 screws on the other side next to the hinge. When that is done, remove the cover. You will see the RAM directly in the middle. On each side, flip the latch holding each module. The modules will pop right out at a 30 degree angle. With the new memory in hand, make sure the label is facing the same direction as the old memory. At a 30 degree angle, pop each piece in. If it does not fit in easily, make sure the pins are aligned correctly. After pushing each piece down in place, you are ready to put your Macbook back together again. Replace the cover and screw in 4 screws at the top. When this is done, screw in the other 4 screws. Replace the battery, close the door, and flip the latch back in to place. With your Macbook secured, flip it over and turn it on.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades