Check out this overclocking tutorial from HotHardware.com! Intel's Core i7 processor offers a significant performance increase over previous generation Core 2 processors. In addition, like the legacy Core 2 architecture, the new Core i7 also has a bunch more headroom for wringing upside performance out of the chip, maximizing value, power and return on your investment with overclocking. In fact, Intel actually built-in a predefined overclocking feature called "Turbo Mode". We explain how not only Core i7 Turbo Mode works but also how to manually overclock the Core i7 in the BIOS as well as give you strategies on maintaining stability of the system as you ramp up the Core i7 core frequency for even larger gains in performance.
Test System and Equipment: In this video spotlight we're overclocking the Intel Core i7 processor on Digital Storm's 950Si custom Core i7 gaming system that utilizes EVGA's X58 3X SLI motherboard and Corsair Triple Channel DDR3 memory. Be sure to check out the Digital Storm and EVGA articles for additional details and a full review of the platform we tested on, as well as our Core i7 launch article, if you'd like a refresher on the chip-level technology we were working with in this HotHardware How-To.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades