How to Register and use your iLok with DigiDesign software
Digidesign has transitioned all of their plug-in software copy protection from floppy drive based key disks to copy protection authorizations that reside on the iLok technology provide by PACE. The following is some information about iLok technology.
The iLok USB Hardware Key is a device that holds authorization keys and connects via the USB port to your computer.
The iLok USB Hardware Key enables you to carry all of your authorizations with you wherever you go using a single key:
* It's Portable: iLok enables you to easily move authorizations from one computer to another. Use your software at home, at the office, at a studio, or at a friend's house. iLok makes it portable.
* It's Safe: Authorizations are stored in the secure iLok USB Hardware Key — not on the computer or hard drive. iLok is immune to problems caused by machine upgrades, disk maintenance, hardware failures, and software updates.
* It's Convenient: Store all of your iLok-enabled software authorizations on a single iLok USB Hardware Key, regardless of developer.
These instructional videos have been created and provided by Groovebox Corporation, a leading provider of educational training videos for Pro Tools and other audio software.
* How to create a free user account at iLok.com
* How to register your iLok on your iLok.com account
* How to transfer licenses from your iLok account to your iLok