In this how to video, you will how to remove the logic board from the iMac G5. First, get the t6 screw driver and remove the screws in the corner. Unplug the airport card. Now, unplug all the cables connecting to the logic board. Now, unscrew the torx screws located on the logic board. Unplug the optical drive cable by unscrewing the 2 torx screws holding it. Next, unscrew the torx screws located near the center top of the board. You can now remove the logic board. However, there is a hard drive cable that you must unplug before completely removing the board. You can now repair your G5.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades