In this how-to video, you will learn how to replace a hard drive in a 2008 Macbook Pro. Make sure you use the proper anti-static precautions before replacing the device. You will need a T6 screwdriver and a Phillips screwdriver. Make sure you transfer your data from the old drive to the new one before installing. Shut down the computer, close the lid and turn the laptop over. Remove the battery cover and battery. The hard drive is held by a plastic retaining bar. Loosen the screw holding the bar and lift the hard drive out of the compartment. Remove the SATA connection from the device. Using the T6 screwdriver, remove the mounts from the device. Remove the pull tab from the drive as well. Now, re-attach the mounts to the new drive. Attach the pull tab to the device and re-insert the SATA connection to the drive. Place the drive into the compartment and replace the retention bar. Tighten the screw and replace the battery and cover. Viewing this video will teach you how to safely replace an old drive with a new drive on your Mac laptop.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades