bghoo8313 describes how to swap an imac G3 hard drive. Unscrew knob on the hatch on the back of the computer unit. Remove the RAM and the card. Take out 4 screws, 2 on the top and the other 2 under the guard. Pry it open with a screwdriver. Take out the outer screws under the guard. Open the unit from the "Apple" logo on the back. You will hear snaps, but the unit is not damaged. There are 6 radiation screws, take them out. Use a magnetic head screwdriver to avoid dropping screws. There are 4 screws that hold the hard drive in place. Remove them to take out the hard drive. Put in a new hard drive and screw everything back together to hold it together in place. Finally, put everything back together to have a functional computer unit. Boot up the imac computer to test the functionality of the new hard drive.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades