Apparently paper towel + Windex is a no-no when it comes to cleaning your computer or television's LCD screen. Apple's official guidelines for proper cleaning are as follows:
- Turn off the computer or display. You may need to turn off the computer in order to turn off some Apple displays.
- Dampen a clean, soft, lint-free cloth or paper with water only.
- Wipe the screen. Do not spray liquid directly on the screen.
Easy enough. BUT, if you find you're out of paper towels and don't want to splurge on a special lint-free cloth, coffee filters will do the trick, as well.
"It turns out that those little rippled cones of blotting paper that filter your morning brew are perfect for clearing the dust from your television screen or computer monitor.
They'll catch the dust and cut static on the screen, all without leaving behind any fibers like paper towels would."
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades