This video from Tekzilla.com tells viewers how to permanently delete a file from their computer without sending the file to the Recycle Bin. This is especially useful if you are low on space on your computer. However, make sure that you want to delete the file forever if you use this method! You will have a very, very hard time getting it back, assuming you are able to retrieve it at all.
Begin by deleting a file as you normally would, up until the 'Confirm File Delete' window pops up. When you see this, simply press the 'Shift' key. The file has now been deleted, without a detour to the Recycle Bin.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades