This video answers the question, how do you safely clean an LCD? Remember that LCD's do not have glass so you have to be careful how much pressure you apply, as well as the kind of cloth you are using, or you can damage or scratch the screen.
First, turn off the monitor, then take a dusting cloth or a microfiber cloth and very lightly clean most of the dust off the screen.
The best method for cleaning is to get an LCD cleaning kit, which contains the pre-mixed solution, the spray bottle and the cloth. These kits cost between $20 and $30 but they are a good investment, especially if you have a number of computers or a TV with an LCD screen. However, if you prefer you can mix your own solution, using half distilled water (not tap water) and half isopropyl alcohol and a good polishing cloth.
It's important not to spray directly onto the screen because it can drip down behind the LCD and cause a lot of damage. Spray the solution onto the polishing cloth and go over the screen lightly to remove smudges. If you have food or ink spots on the screen, just go over those spots repeatedly and they should come off.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades